Monday, March 13, 2006

What's In A Name?

So... for the past few days I've been working with the production theatre group... Love the job... It's exactly what I want to do all the time.. nothin else. nothin more. yet. Anyhoo.. our opening night was on Friday, 03/10/06. It went absolutely well... I think there was one mistake with the lighting.. but that had nothing to do with me and the people I was working with..

At the end of the night the producers brought in food for us to eat.. and of course like every night they play runs, there's free beer, wine, and drinks. So we're all sitting around, talking, eating, chatting. So I remember the program.. So I ask the lady running the box office if I may have a program.. So of course I'm looking for my name and all.. So i see the first Assistant Stage Managers name. Then the next one. Then the next. Then I see Sophia Lawrence.. now in my head i'm like, "o, I never met her bfore." Then I say to myself "Hey, there's only four of us, so where's my name." Then I fall out laughing.. Realizing that I am Sophia Lawrence.. Newly named... now, although most people would have been pissed I thought it was hilarious...

I talked with the gentleman who typed up that programs and he was so confused... It was hilarious.. He kept asking me "So, your last name really isn't Lawrence?" so convinced that that was truly my name, like it had been imprinted on his brain.. I said "Nope, it's not. But I truly appreciate the new name.. It has a ring to it.."

I am a true believer that things happen for a reason.. Everything that has been happeneing to me could not have happened at a better time..

Yes, so now I have a new stage name.. Sophia Lawrence... Watch out world..

Ms. Lawrence

2 Comments:

At March 13, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Be Blessed said...

Well Go Head on Ms. Lawrence, you ate strong and ready to take the world by storm. Do your thang, it's your new B-day, the birth of Sophia L.

 
At March 13, 2006 6:34 PM, Blogger LadySophia said...

Hahaha.. I so agree with you!! Now I can have 2 birthday's (3/10 and 3/26 and 2 half-birthdays 9/10 and 9/26) yeah!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home