Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sleep

So.. as I said in my previous blog, I work for a production company.. just one of my three jobs..plus school full time. "When do I sleep," you ask? "Never.." Thanks to my handy dandy cell phone tat doubles over as a device of communication and an alarm clock, I get to where I need to be on time while staying in contact.

So, this one particular night I actually got to go to sleep a few hours early than normal. For obvious reason i was truly pleased. This same night as 12:45am rolls around my favorite cousin from Texas is calling me.. So of course being the great cousin that I am I ignore the call. :O) He calls again.. and again.. By this point I figure it's an emergency and I answer.

"Hi, cousin," he says.. I then proceed to ask him if it's an emergency becuase I know there's no way in hell you're calling me to chit chat at this hour. "No, I just miss you and I love you!" extremely excited he is.. So I'm thinking to myself "It's 2:45am where he is, are you on crack.. why are you not sleep.." So obviously there's something on his mind. I just wondered why it could not wait until 9am or 10am.. or maybe drop me an email, because now it's 1am my time and I have to be up at 5am and I am counting every precious minutes of revitalization I'm losing out on.. but... I love my family so I'll make the sacrafices... He continues on explaining to me that he's coming to Cali for the summer.. yet another fact that is not some valuable information that can't wait until a normal morning hour.

[to be continued.. i'm in class right now :O) Ok... so now to continue (I'm in the library), part two:]

My cousin tells me that he is going to bring someone to Cali with him when he comes for the summer.. I say great, but why is this neccessary for me to know at 1am? Then he goes on to tell me that It's his girlfriend. Now before I get a chance to register all this information because he is now talking at the speed of a bullet and fuctioning with the skills of a clam he puts her on the phone before I can respond..

So, I talked or rather listened to her because I'm not really in touch with reality right now.. let me remind you again that for the past 3 weeks I have been functioning on 4 maybe 5 hours of sleep on a generous night. So she asked me aout Cali and that she was excited to be coming out to Cali... all the while I'm about to go crazy because I'm dead tired, not functional, but happy at the same time for my cousin that he's estatic.. bt steeping back into the realm of time constriants and commitments, it is infact 1am and there's no way on earth to stretch the next 4 hours into a good 8 hours.. and i have an obligation to be at work by 7am..

Moral of the story.. by an alarm clock and turn off you phone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home